Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Snow White Mural


For the Snow White character mural I designed a layout similar to the one that was originally at Disneyland in 1955. The Disneyland layout was similar to advertising art released when the Snow White film first came out in 1938. I worked from both of these sources, along with animation research, in order to create art that kept all characters true to the original model form.

The setting was a forest glen with the castle in background. The same castle is recreated again inside of the ride at the finale scene for continuity.

The very talented Julie Svendsen painted the artwork pictured here. Her father was Julius Svendsen a Disney animator and writer from the early days. Again, I created the original line drawing for Julie to paint from and I art directed her (although she is so talented I mostly visited to admire what she had already done).

No comments:

Post a Comment