Friday, May 29, 2015

Second-Story Man Release Party


Today is the release date of my book 'Second-Story Man' and I'm having a Release Party at the Dreamspinner Press blog site. Come check out the blog to learn more about the book.

In the meantime here is a SketchUp image from the interior of The Hide Away. It's a little bar that the main characters from the book visit often. One of the nice things about being a writer and a designer is my ability to truly visualize the places that I write about. In fact, I made some changes in the book to the description of this bar once I completed this design.

The bar fits into a space, behind a facade, on the Universal Studios backlot circa 1950. But this interior never truly existed. When I designed it I was looking for a trendy industrial look with remnants from an Art Deco past.

This is just one of the interesting places in Michael's World. I'll keep posting more, but for a preview take a look at my later posts at Dreamspinner Press blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment