Monday, August 23, 2010

Tomorrowland Ticket Booth


This was an interesting SketchUp model; a model found on Google 3D Warehouse inspired it.  The posted model looked very close, so I downloaded it and started measuring.  I quickly found odd measurements, and I didn’t like the photo-matched texture.  Before I knew it I had started over on my own version from scratch.  Although this booth is still designed strictly from estimates, it is likely much closer to the original design.

The booth appeared on opening day in front of the Rocket to the Moon attraction.  Later the first year, a similar copy of the booth showed up in front of the Astrojets.  Two central ticket booths of the same design appeared once Disneyland started selling ticket books instead of individual coupons at each attraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment